The bereaved family has many things to do and decisions to make after the demise of a loved one. There are many other details to be arranged and organized as well. Meeting with a funeral organizer is one of the first actions one must do to start with the process of the memorial or funeral service. This meeting is referred to as an arrangement conference.
The arrangement conference with a funeral director in Sydney normally does not take long, but it depends on the complexity and the details required by the client to be accomplished. During the conference, the funeral director in Sydney will ask the client to provide numerous information needed and discuss challenging topics. It is important to be prepared during the meeting with the funeral organizers to reduce the confusion and the stress especially that it is the time that a client is emotional and grieving.
The funeral organizers have a checklist on the funeral planning to make it convenient for the client to organize the information and make the arrangement conference go smoothly.
The following are the things to expect during the conference with the funeral organizers:
- A big portion of the conference is the transfer of information to the funeral director. One of the things here is filing for the death certificate. The funeral director will need information about the social security identification number of the deceased, the date of birth and death, the place where the deceased died, military status, and other relevant information about the deceased person.
- Another significant part to be discussed is the kind of services the client requires for the deceased. The following are the choices for the client to make:
- Burial options – these involve choices such as cremation of the deceased, burial, or entombment. In either choice, the client also must decide other matters like how the remains would be handled after cremation, will the client donate the organs and the body of the deceased to science, and many other options.
- Ceremony options – this will discuss the kind of ceremony the client prefers to have, is it the traditional one or a modern memorial service, the venue of the ceremony, music to be played, speakers during the eulogy, and other important details.
- Visitation options – the number of visitations will be agreed upon, the position of the casket – whether it be an open or closed casket.
The arrangement conference is quite a tough thing to do by the bereaved family considering the situation they are facing. However, it is still important for the concerned family to prepare the funeral service to make it a solemn and memorable tribute to their loved one.