Accomplished home owners were once beginners like you. Like you, they didn’t know anything about the real estate industry and the housing markets. But if they were to go back, it is certain that they would have done things much differently. Here is a list of things accomplished home owners wished they knew before they bought a house.
- You don’t have to own the house. First of all, you should first make sure that you are fit to buy a house. If you aren’t there are other options you can take such as renting for instance. Sometimes, renting is more beneficial in certain situations rather than owning a home.
- You don’t have to follow your family or friends’ advice. As soon as you announce that you are buying a house, your family and friends would definitely come out of their way to give you all sorts of advice. While their intention may be good and are based on their own experiences, you should know that the market is constantly changing and the principles during their time may not be applicable for you in the current market.
- Take as much time to inspect the house. Look for moulds and scour the house for animal-related odors. Don’t forget to knock on walls to know if they sound hollow. Check the dryer, the dishwasher and other important items. It is important that you give the house a thorough checkup in order to make sure that there are no problems and that you are making a good investment. You can hire a professional home inspector if you don’t trust your inspecting skills.
- Be smart. Don’t forget to use your head and not your emotions. Sometimes, it is better to walk away from deals that aren’t beneficial to you. Remember, you are making a financial transaction and that your terms must always be met.
- Negotiate as much as possible. When you hire an agent, they will make the negotiation for you. However, if you want to push the negotiation as much as possible, then you must also negotiate yourself.
- Carefully think about how much you can afford. While you may have found a good property for sale in Pattaya, if you can’t afford it at your current situation, don’t push for it. There are plenty of other opportunities for you to buy a house and you don’t have to rush it when you aren’t ready.