It is very likely that you have never heard of La Gomera because it is not as popular as Tenerife but many holidaymakers have spent their holidays on the island during their winter break. La Gomera is the perfect place to forget the usual hustle and bustle of city life because it remains untouched by mass tourism.
Important things to remember when you plan to visit La Gomera
- You can reach La Gomera through Garajonay Ferry or Fred Olson Ferry that departs from Tenerife’s Los Cristiano’s harbor. There is a port building where you can get your tickets a few minutes before the ferryboat sails to the harbor of San Sebastian.
- When you want to tour the island, you can hire a car in San Sebastian or take the local taxi. You can also bring your own car which can easily be accommodated on the large boats.
- You can spend a lazy day at the relatively secluded Playa de la Guancha beach or you can hike from the village of Hermigua towards Las Nuevitas and enjoy the spectacular view of the coast.
- To enjoy the best views possible in La Gomera, you can take a ride to the highest peak of the island called Alto de Garajonay that is considered as a holy place by the original inhabitants of La Gomera.
- Hazelnut cake and hot waffles with cold beer is a favorite of La Gomera visitors. You won’t find fancy restaurants in La Gomera but tasteful and strange dishes can whet your appetite with an abundance of fruits for dessert.
- In spite of the lack of mass tourism, there are available accommodations suitable for every budget. Aside from luxury resorts in discreet parts of the island, there are simple but clean guest houses that have been designed to blend perfectly with the natural environment.
The abundance of sunshine in La Gomera makes it the ideal destination for a honeymoon or a family holiday. Make sure though to book early for La Gomera Apartments during summer to make your trip easier. La Gomera Apartments are some of the best properties on the island that will ensure a memorable holiday.