If you are one of those homeowners that hire pest control in Sydney, it is time to take matters into your hands and handle the root of the problem. It is not good to eliminate the pests alone but you should make sure that they don’t make a comeback. These pests can be bugs, rodents and insects and there are certain measures you can employ to keep them from invading your home. There are two things you should keep in mind – if there are no pets that thrive outside your property, there is a bigger chance that no pets will come inside and remove the elements that make pests consider your home as a good nesting place.
- Doors and windows. This should be thoroughly inspected to make sure that there are no cracks and holes where the insects can pass through. If you have screens, replace them if there are any signs of tears. It is recommended to utilize screen meshes with a minimum of 200 holes for every square inch.
- Eliminate the trash. There are many parts of the house where trash can be found such as decks, yards, garages and patios. Make sure to clean them, remove the weeds and throw out any standing water in the area. Trashcans around the house should have tight covers. Regular cleaning of the cans and surrounding area is recommended because spills attract pests.
- Plants and mulch. If you have trees and plants that touches your home, trim them to eliminate bridges which the pests could use to enter the house. Pests love to nests in mulch including pine straw and wood chips so these should not be touching your house’s foundation and the mulch should be covered with either stones or rocks.
- Drains found on the floor and sink can be attractive nests for pests because it often carries debris and gunk. All drains inside the house should be checked and cleaned regularly.
- Stored foods. Once foods in packets and bags have already been opened, these should be stored inside sealed containers because these can attract pests. Make sure to use foods that are bought first and old ones should be thrown away.
According to a pest control in Sydney, the cleanliness of the house should be maintained to ensure that pests do not create a nest and it makes the house less attractive to these invaders.