Word art canvases are the current trend nowadays. You can see it everywhere you go. The only problem with some of them is that they are sold for unbelievable prices and many are not in a position where they can afford them. If you have a lot of time in your hands and even just a little bit of creativity, you will be able to create one of yours at home at a fraction of the price. You can even make use of stuffs that are already present inside your home. If not, you can buy all the materials and it still wouldn’t hurt your pocket.
Here is a guide on how to make a word art containing your favorite quotes that you can display at home.
- To start with, it is important to prepare your canvas for the tasks ahead. Buy the canvas size that you want. You can buy whatever color or pick the cheapest as it will be covered so it does not matter. Using Mod Podge, coat a layer over the surface of the canvas. At any type of paper that contains pattern that you love over the layer of Mod Podge. Once done, cover the entire thing with Mod Podge once more. Leave it to dry. It is best to wait overnight.
- Using your cricut, you can create whatever saying or quotes you like. You can buy vinyl stickers to print on or you can use regular paper as long as you have a cutting tool and an adhesive vinyl. The color is not important as it will be covered again.
- Your papered canvas should be dry by now. Carefully place the vinyl sticker with the saying.
- Using spray paint, cover the entire thing. Make sure to include the sides, top and everything on the surface. Leave it to dry.
- Once dry, peel of the vinyl in order to show off the pattern created. If you have the cricut tool kit, make use of it to finish off your word art. Now it is ready to be displayed wherever you like.