Rental vehicles provide numerous advantages to people, especially when they are travelling via air to a far-off place. But the problem with rental vehicles is that if you don’t find a trustworthy rental company, there is a high chance for you to get ripped off. If you want to enjoy a well-earned trip and avoid getting ripped off, then here are some tips to help you out.
- Go only for the basic packages. The most efficient way to avoid getting ripped off and saving money on vehicle rentals is to go for the basic packages only. This is because most rental companies make most of their money from the additional offers that they convince people to buy. Make sure you check hire prices online before renting a vehicle. There are numerous websites where you can find basic packages, but there are also some that offer good packages for a lower price.
- Bring your own satnav and kiddie seats. When you hire satnavs and kiddie seats, you would actually pay more than you would when you buy brand new ones. You would automatically be wasting money when you rent satnavs and kiddie seats so it would be a great idea if you bring one of your own.
- Ignore powerful sales talk. Yes, this can be hard but there are agents who are really adept at sales talking their clients into accepting more offers. You have to strengthen your mind so that you don’t get talked into buying something you don’t really need.
- Always check for extras. Before you rent a car, make sure you have checked all of the things you would have to pay for as well as the extras. Check the company’s fuel policy and determine whether the distance you are travelling would affect the mileage. Also, if you are below 25, ask if you would have to pay for a surcharge.
- Take note of everything in the vehicle. Whether you went for a handy ute rental or just a plain car, make sure to take note of everything in the vehicle. Inspect the vehicle’s state. Look for any damages and if you find one, make sure you tell the agent upfront so that they don’t make you pay for it later.