Acupuncture is an alternate treatment that involves inserting needles at specific points on the body to relieve pain. The thin needles are inserted into the skin at varying depths, depending on the condition to be treated. Acupuncture is believed to balance the energy in the body and promote overall well-being. It is based on the Chinese beliefs that the body functions on the balance of positive and negative energies, known as Yin and Yang, of the life force Qi. Illness occurs due to imbalance between these energies and inserting needles at the required points, improves the balance and cures the illness.
Acupuncture can cure patients suffering with chronic pain in the lower back, neck, knees or other parts of the body. It can also cure patients suffering with headaches, migraines and osteoarthritis. Apart from these conditions, patients suffering from blood pressure related issues, morning sickness, dysentery, sprains and strains, arthritis, dental issues, shoulder and elbow problems can also consult clinics providing acupuncture in Bankstown and get treated by experienced acupuncturists.
Since acupuncture does not involve any medicines, it can be used as an alternate therapy to cure the pain. Some of the benefits of opting for this treatment at reputed acupuncture in Bankstown clinics are
- Since the reputed clinics have properly trained and experienced acupuncturists, who are well versed in devising the right treatment plans to suit the patient requirements, the treatment is safe.
- Acupuncture treatments do not have any major side effects. They can be safely used for all the age groups.
- Patients undergoing other types of medical treatments can safely combine acupuncture treatments to aid in faster healing and recovery. For example, acupuncture helps the patients undergoing chemotherapy to deal with the nausea and vomiting induced by the chemo treatments.
- Acupuncture treatments are generally painless. Though some patients may experience a dull pain at the base of the needle, during the beginning of the treatment, the pain subsides gradually.
- Patients who are allergic to pain medications can benefit by consulting acupuncture in Bankstown clinics. Since the acupuncture treatments are effective in controlling certain types of pain, they can safely manage the pain without using medications.